Thursday, May 24, 2012

The 1st Reward

So last night I got my hair cut and my brows done. I have been going to the same women for over eights years.  I was referred to her by the owner of the salon when she was just starting out. I was a little scared but I was sick of other stylists making me look like an old lady. So I took a chance and I ended up loving her!
 Unfortunately I found out last night that she got a new booth with a floor to ceiling mirror.  I was horrified when I first sat down! I had to do a double take at the reflection staring back at me.

I am one of those women who believe that she is still slim even though I am wearing a size 22 pants.(Obviously I have avoided photos of myself for many years) So this full length mirror shot in high-lighting was a real eye opener. Is that a double chin coming in? Are my arms really that big?  Well that would explain why the sleeves never fit right!  And to think all this time I was blaming the clothing manufacturers!

Since I had to look at the magnifying mirror for a while I realized that my face is really starting to show it's age. I have never been into makeup or a beauty routine.  I grew up a tom-boy and was never really introduced to makeup.  I dabbled here and there but always ended up looking like Dr. Frank-N-Furter from Rocky Horror Picture Show. (Love that movie!) So I only use cover-up to even out my tone. This magnifying observation made me ask what I could do for my face to freshen it up.

My stylist told me about the treatment she gets right there at the salon.  She said it is was called a SilkPeel. It is a microdermabrasion that sucks all the toxins out of your pores and then adds nutrients and vitamins to your face. I would say that is just what I am looking for this tired looking face of mine!

So my reward for making it through the first 30 days of clean eating will be this fabulous SilkPeel.

Stay Tuned


Tonissa

No comments:

Post a Comment