Thursday, May 24, 2012

Books I am reading this week

I am a huge reader.  I wish I could sit all day and read without any interruptions, but that is pretty hard to do with a full time job and an active 4 year old. I am able to find little pockets of time here and there during the day though.

After supper is the worst time for me because things start to wind down for the day and TV zone out time begins. I am trying to use this time to read and avoid trips to the kitchen every time there is a commercial on, which now a days is every two minutes!

For Fun:
1. Secret Daughter-Shilpi Somaya Gowada
 This was a great book!



2. The Frugalista Files-Natalie McNeal
 I am in the middle of this one and it is a great read about working towards what your are really passionate about.



For Research and Inspiration-
1. The Whole Foods Market Cookbook-Steve Petusevsky with The Whole Foods team members
There were plenty of recipes that I am going to try out of this cook book.  They also had great tips and tricks listed through out the book. The only down side for me is that there were no pictures of the finished product. (sorry, but I am picture girl!) Fortunately there were plenty of yummy recipes so I was able to look past that.


2. Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook 
I have just started looking at this one.  There are beautiful photos for each recipe and I am really excited to trying some of these out.


Money saving tip I have learned over the last few weeks...Go To The Library! I had not been to the library in over 5 years. I recently signed up again and put the books I want on hold.  It is so quick and easy to run in to pick up my holds and run back out. Once I have read the book, decided I really liked it and will use it again the future only then will I purchase it. (like all of Tosca Reno's books-Love Her!!)

Happy Reading!

Stay Tuned
 
Tonissa






No comments:

Post a Comment