Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rock Bottom

Weigh in day was Friday June 8th.  I was so excited to step on that scale!!  I ate great all week. I stayed with in 1500 and 1800 calories. I even did a little bit of exercise.

As I stepped on the scale with visions of sitting on a sunny Florida beach next spring in my head I look down and saw 264.6.  What the Crap!!!!!!

I had not lost one pound!  I was so pissed off, sad, and confused. What am I doing wrong?

So with that being said I ate everything I had been avoiding all week. I ate a big breakfast of eggs, American fries, toast and steak.  Lunch was toasted ham and cheese sandwich, wedges and a large caramel sundae. Dinner was chips and salsa, 2 pieces of toast, Godiva truffles and then at that point I lost track of what else I may have stuffed in.

Saturday morning I woke up so sick to my stomach I thought I had the flu, but no one else in my family had gotten sick. I had the chills, diarrhea, nausea, head ache, and then I was hot and tired. I stayed on the couch for the most of the day. That afternoon I received a call from my Dad that my step-mom had had a stroke.

I was immediately up and running! My Dad and step Mom have been together since I was about 7. (if my memory serves me right) So I have regarded her more as my actual mother since my Mom had moved away not long after the divorce and I did not see her much. It even feels funny to type step-mom as I have never thought of her as such. My Dad had said she was doing ok and that she was being transported to Green Bay. This I believe was my SIGN.

On my way to the hospital still sick and tired I was kicking my self all the way. "What were you thinking?", "Don't you remember you family history of heart disease(both sides), diabetes(both sides), and breast cancer(mom)?" "Stop feeling sorry for your self and actually do something about your weight problem!!" "Maybe a trip to the Dr. is the next step?" I was so inside my head I have no idea how I drove to the hospital.

My mom was not released until Monday evening. She was released with a long list of don'ts and prescriptions.  I keep reminding my self that I do have an easier weight loss road ahead of me than she does as I don't have to quit smoking. I am looking forward to helping her through this rocky road ahead. It will keep me focused on my goal. And it will keep me moving forward!

Stay Tuned


Tonissa



No comments:

Post a Comment