Friday, June 1, 2012

What is that smell? It's Yogurt Cheese!!

Last night I was able to get my yogurt cheese going. My husband asked "What is that smell? What are you making?" "Well it is yogurt cheese dear!" HaHaHa!

My husband hates yogurt, but I may have him convinced to try it.

I found out how to make yogurt cheese from the Eat-Clean Diet website.

Here is how to make it:http://www.eatcleandiet.com/food_and_recipes/clean_recipe/yogurt_cheese.aspx

I could not believe how much water actually came out of the yogurt.

I adapted the Herbed Spinach Yogurt Cheese Dip recipe from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cook Book.

The original recipe is as follows:

1 1/2 Cups of Yogurt Cheese
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup fresh basil
2 teaspoons avocado oil (My sister found it at Whole Foods)
pinch of sea salt
1 package of frozen spinach, thawed and well drained.

Mix well and chill. Serve with crudites and baked pita chips.

So if you remember from before, there is a shortage of fresh Basil in Green Bay so I used the fresh herbs that I had growing right under my kitchen window. (Wow, I think this may be the first time I actually used them!!)


I replaced the basil with a 1/4 cup of chives and a 1/4 cup of dill, But it is so versatile that you could put any flavoring spin on it.


I must say this it the best veggie dip I have ever had!! It will also be great for crackers, burgers and even steak!! I am defiantly going to make this for our Fourth of July family get together. I figured a 1/4 cup serving is 37 calories.
Enjoy!

Stay Tuned


Tonissa

No comments:

Post a Comment